Sep 20, 2010

Pettiskirt fun

Oh the joys of having a little girl (even if she isn't big enough to know what girlie is)
I have been quite sick for the past few days and now that i am feeling relatively better i decided to pick myself up with a Pettiskirt for Sammy.

I found this wonderful Tutorial on how to make one.
You are suppose to use Nylon chiffon but it is hard to find and the only place i found to order it online wanted to charge far too much for shipping. Also i am far too impatient to order it and wait weeks to get here.

So i decided to give it a go with the regular polyester chiffon you can get at most dress fabric stores.
It just meant i had to overlock all of my strips of fabric. (i keep telling myself the time it took to overlock it was well worth the savings from not ordering online)

I ended up with about 43 meters of the lilac ruffle and about 26 meters of the pink layers! (that is allot of overlocking)

One fantastic tip i found was to set my sewing machine to its longest stitch length and set the tension as high as it would go (9 for me).
As i sewed my chiffon gathered its self, i really cant imagine hand gathering that many meters of ruffles!!!!

well enough with the rambling here are the pictures

 
 
all my ruffles, was very proud of getting through all of that!
all the bits and pieces
This is what happens when i finish while Sammy is napping. Chris didn't want it off though and is now demanding i make him something!
 Sammy modeling photos will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment